National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center
Houston, Texas 77058
NAME: Soichi Noguchi
- NASDA Astronaut
- Born April 15,1965 in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan. Considers
Chigasaki, Kanagawa, Japan, to be his hometown. Married. Two children. Enjoys jogging, basketball, skiing, camping.
- Graduated from Chigasaki-Hokuryo High School, Chigasaki, in 1984; received a bachelor of engineering degree in aeronautical engineering from the University of Tokyo in 1989, and a master of engineering degree in aeronautical engineering from the University of Tokyo in 1991.
- Member of the Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences.
- Noguchi joined Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. (IHI) in April 1991. He completed a training course in the Manufacturing Department, and then he was assigned to the Aerodynamics Group, Research and Development Department, Aero-Engine and Space Operations, IHI. He was involved in the aerodynamic design of commercial aero-engines, planning and successful completion of the component tests of aero-engines, and the research of compressor aerodynamic performance. He was selected by the National Space Development Agency of Japan (NASDA)
in June 1996.
- Noguchi reported to the Johnson
Space Center in August 1996. Having completed two years of training and evaluation,
he is qualified for flight assignment as a mission specialist. Currently, Noguchi is
assigned technical duties in the Astronaut Office Payloads/Habitability Branch.
Click here to return to the
SPACE EDUCATORS' HANDBOOK HOME PAGE.